“Everything is nothing, with a twist.” - Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter-house Five
mumbledust playing at civvies on broughton for fashion’s night out: savannah, georgia.
photo by britt scott / skirt! magazine. 6 september 2012.
Guys, I’m ready.
…can it be autumn all year round?
Michael Younker is Sauna Heat. Yesterday (6 September 2012) he released an album entitled Dead Again. He plays in the Savannah Surf-Rock band Triathalon. This album is an exceptional piece of dream pop from the beach. You should really take a listen and if you’re in Savannah, go out and support either one of them… I know I will be.
So we just found this review of the new mumbledust EP on the spanish blog Jipsters. From what we have gathered, they say the following:
1. They compare us to the Moldy Peaches.
2. We crawled into the body of a pregnant Ellen Page and ran through cornfields with a banjo in arm.
3. It’s american folk without too many contemplations, simple rhythms that makes you smell the gnawed wood of the abandoned houses of Savannah.
4. Unintentional low fidelity.
5. Jorge Regula is still alive.…best review ever, or, best review ever?
Bandcamp Hunter just recently featured Dreamend’s So I Ate Myself, Bite by Bite, and the Tears Washed Me, Wave After Cowardly Wave together on one plate. Why? You may ask - well, that was how it was originally written of course. They were originally released not just as amazing sets of music to the ears, but also as beautiful displays of art - animated picture discs to be exact!
Part 1 is sold out on vinyl and part 2 is almost sold out (32 copies remain - as per Monday). When part 2 goes bye bye, they’ll be re-released as a double LP on colored vinyl (which I will be working on with Graveface Records). No more animated picture disc. So if you want the deluxe craziness, get ‘er done… NOW!